Sunday, September 25, 2005

Favorite: Pet Peeve (Part Deux)

Of the voluntary, behavioral pet peeves, my favorite might just be the Korean Shuffle. OH how it irks me.

What is the Korean Shuffle*?

It is the action of dragging feet when one walks, so that the soles of ones shoes scud the surface of the ground to create a slight scraping or thud-type sound with each step. I wish those people would refrain from wearing shoes and do their little Korean Shuffle on ground that is not so friendly because they have no soles (pun intended).


Try Korean Shuffling through a horse barn, idiot! Try Korean Shuffling in a bar at 4 a.m. after the crazy drunkards have spilled half their purchases on the floor, before they indubitably ask, "Hey, where's the glass I was holding?" If you can Korean Shuffle your way through hot coals coated with sharp objects without lacerating your terribly dragging gimpy feet, then I will consider your Korean Shuffle as something less than a pet peeve.

*Note: Thanks to the creator of this phrase, for providing such a way for me to describe my pet peeve. Based on anecdotal evidence, Koreans seemed to have feet dragging tendencies and thus, the phrase "Korean" Shuffle was adopted.