Friday, September 16, 2005

Pizza Monster

See this pizza? I ate half of it.

Craving real Italian pizza for the past three years, I was finally satisfied a week ago after having this yummy sight from Serafina. Italian pizza is different from New York pizza; not that one is better than the other, just different. Pizza in Italy has very thin crust, tomato sauce from real tomatoes (not concentrate), fresh melted layer of cheese (not the stuff that comes in a plastic baggy), fresh tomatoes and basil. Other toppings include four cheeses, anchovies, or prociutto like the one I had. Before you eat it, you must sprinkle extra virgin olive oil to bring out the taste and freshness of all these ingredients. Though the pizza I had last week was not that true to form, it was close as I have come in a long time. Next? Some good gelato.