Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Festivities

Friday night was an entire weekend condensed into a single night.

Since college, we have been in love with Dane Cook (hilarious comedian: www.danecook.com). Thankfully, one of us has a head on our shoulders (thanks again, Arjun) and got four tickets to his sold out show at the MSG theatre for Friday night. I hereby declare that if Dane asks me to marry him, I would say yes, then keep him locked in our house so he performs for me and my friends on demand (who needs TIVO?). The annoying audience members who kept yelling, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!" would never be invited. In fact, I'd lock them in their houses.

It is safe to say that the four of us laughed so hard that our face hurt. OUR FACE HURT. Dane is so funny that his CD, Retaliation, is 4th on the pop charts or whatever billboards top 40 charts crap artists' CDs are ranked. It went platinum- I know because he was presented his platinum disc at the show by a few folks from Comedy Central. Who from Comedy Central? Who the heck cares; Dane was there.

Afterwards, I met up with friends from - get this - elementary school. Long story short, three of us bumped into each other, used my certified stalking method to track down a few others, and threw a little "reunion" for our elementary school classmates. We were only able to contact 12 people, of which 7 showed up. But It was a blast! We even spent a few minutes singing the P.S. 165 school song, in the middle of fashionable bar louge Pop, sipping on our martinis and beers. They brainwashed us well, no? Some of the most ridiculous conversations were had:
-"I loved the organ-drawing project we did in 4th grade. Now I know that our pancreas looks like corn on the cob."
-"Wait a second... you guys used to pick on me!"
-"I wonder what happened to all the white people in our class?"
-"I bet Becky & Diana got pregnant and popped out kids already."

Then they came along with me Shanty's Birthday Bash, where everyone and their mom showed up. Not their mom, but all of Shanty's family under the age of 35 did for sure. I'm not sure, but I think Shanty had some fun. We all did. Some don't remember the fun, but fun was had by all.